We are a mostly-voluntary, love-filled, not-for-profit, quirky, slightly wonky, homegrown and 100% original, gallery|venue|cafe, that has been bringing inspiration, art, ethical organic food and creative joy to this diverse and wonderful city since 2008. We are an outspoken, truly-inclusive, safe space and a home-from-home for many.
Supported by donations from our amazing community, we continue to be a hub of grassroots creativity, with world-class performances, workshops, meetups and more that connect people through art and delicious veggie|vegan food.
* A jam-packed calendar of professional and amateur music, performance poetry, theatre and much more.
* Clubs and groups to join where you can share interests with like-minded folk
* Crafts, Zines, prints, books and original art by local artists for sale
* A preloved gender-neutral clothes Boutique
* An award-winning, licensed organic cafe, open daytimes and evenings for food and drink (click here for our opening times and menu)
Find out a bit more from some of our crew, in their own words:
So, if you are looking for a place that’s different from anywhere you’ve ever been, somewhere that thrives on the unexpected and unusual, you will feel very at home here. You’re welcome to just come in and look around, ask questions – and don’t forget, we have an upstairs too!
Here are the next up-coming ticketed events via our ticket agent, Eventbrite:
Sunday 8 December, 2.30pm
Jason Buck Storyteller presents: A Christmas Carol
Tuesday 10 December, 7pm
Full Moon in Gemini workshop
Wednesday 11 December, 7.30pm
Hammer & Tongue Solent Regional Final 7.30pm
Thursday 12 December, 7pm
Red Tent women’s wisdom and sharing circle
Friday 13 December, 7pm
Sunday 15 December, 3 – 5pm
St Nicholas Voice workshop & concert fundraiser
Saturday 21 December, 7.30pm
The Lantern Parade Christmas Special
We don’t exist in isolation and one place doesn’t make a cultural city, so please go a see what else is happening in the City with these excellent services, and never miss a thing (because going out is the new staying in):