Your one and only creatively-inspired, community-run, organic, love-filled, not-for-profit, quirky, slightly wonky, homegrown, 100% original, local cafe / gallery / venue / home-from-home in Southampton, bringing inspiration, art, ethical food and creative joy to our city since 2008.
* Award winning, licensed organic cafe, open daytimes and evenings for food and drink (click here for our opening times and menu)
* Events calendar of world-class music, performance poetry, fringe theatre and more
* Clubs and groups to join where you can share interests with like-minded folk
* Crafts, Zines, prints, books and original art by local artists for sale
* A preloved clothes Boutique
If you are looking for a place that’s different from anywhere you’ve ever been, a place that welcomes the unexpected and unusual, you will feel very at home here.
We are staffed mostly by volunteers so you can get involved in that way, too!
Here are some event highlights coming soon…
Flash fiction workshop – writing for children
Sunday, 1 July 2018 1 – 3pm
Padraig Lalor presents: “Ismay’s Dream” – Ireland’s Titanic history (and other songs)
Sunday 8 Jul 2018, 2pm
Red Tent wisdom & sharing circle for women
12 Jul 2018, 7pm
Kitty O’Neal // Fragile Lucy ft Zany Word & The Starry Prophecy
13 Jul 2018, 7.30pm
Jero Férec & guests Flamenco
Sunday 15 July 2018, 6.30pm
African Activities – drumming
Wednesday 18 Jul 2018, 7.30pm
Maud the Moth
Tuesday 24 Jul 2018, 7.30pm
Gecko live at The Art House
Saturday 6 Oct 2018, 7.30pm
Attila The Stockbroker’s Barnstormer
Saturday 3 November 2018, 7.30pm
(There is also a full calendar of events here)
These are just some of the things going on at The Art House – we also have a busy programme of regular events, groups, workshops and live music.
What people who come to our events say…. (click to play silent slideshow)