Your one and only creatively-inspired, community-run, organic, love-filled, not-for-profit, quirky, slightly wonky, homegrown, 100% original, local cafe / gallery / venue / home-from-home in Southampton, bringing inspiration, art, ethical food and creative joy to our city since 2008.
We are community run and supported by our amazing Patreon community to be a hub of grassroots creativity in Southampton, with performance, workshops, meetups and more to connect people through art and lovely veggie food.
* Events calendar of world-class music, performance poetry, fringe theatre and more
* Clubs and groups to join where you can share interests with like-minded folk
* Crafts, Zines, prints, books and original art by local artists for sale
* A preloved gender neutral clothes Boutique
* Award winning, licensed organic cafe, open daytimes and evenings for food and drink (click here for our opening times and menu)
If you are looking for a place that’s different from anywhere you’ve ever been, a place that welcomes the unexpected and unusual, you will feel very at home here.
We are staffed mostly by volunteers so you can get involved in that way, too! We also have a lovely Patreon Community where you can support us and get news, offers, discounts, behind-the-scenes peeks and all sorts of goodies.
mar 2019 highlights printable
(There is also a full calendar of events here)
These are just some of the things going on at The Art House – we also have a busy programme of regular events, groups, workshops and live music.
What people who come to our events say…. (click to play silent slideshow)